1. Before Installation: Ensure the Epson L120 printer is connected to your computer using the USB cable and that both the computer and printer are powered on. However, it’s recommended not to print anything until the driver is installed.
2. Using the Installation CD: Most Epson L120 printers come with an installation CD. Insert this CD into your computer’s CD/DVD drive. The setup should start automatically. If it doesn’t, navigate to the CD drive on your computer and double-click the setup file.
3. Downloading from the Internet: If you don’t have the installation CD or if your computer doesn’t have a CD/DVD drive, you can download the driver from the official Epson website.
- Go to the Epson official website.
- Navigate to the support or drivers section.
- Search for the Epson L120 model.
- Choose the appropriate driver for your operating system (e.g., Windows 10, macOS, etc.).
- Click on the download link to start the download.
4. Starting the Installation: Once the setup from the CD starts or after you’ve downloaded the driver:
- Run the installer (either from the CD or the downloaded file).
- Follow the on-screen instructions. You’ll likely be prompted to agree to the terms and conditions, select an installation location, and choose between a typical or custom installation. For most users, a typical installation is sufficient.
- During the installation, the installer might ask you to connect the printer if it’s not already connected. Make sure to do so when prompted.
5. Completing the Installation: Once the installation is complete, you might be prompted to print a test page. This step is optional, but it’s a good way to confirm that the driver is installed correctly and the printer is functioning.
6. Setting as Default (Optional): If the Epson L120 is going to be your primary printer, you may want to set it as the default printer. On Windows:
- Go to “Settings” > “Devices” > “Printers & scanners”.
- Find the Epson L120 in the list of printers.
- Click on it and choose “Manage”, then “Set as default”.
- Go to “System Preferences” > “Printers & Scanners”.
- Right-click (or control-click) on the list of printers on the left and choose “Set Default Printer”, then select the Epson L120.
7. Regular Updates: It’s a good practice to periodically check the Epson website or use the built-in software update tools to ensure that you have the latest drivers and software for your printer. This will help in optimizing performance and resolving any potential issues.